The purpose of the library’s web site is to promote Harrison Township Public Library (HTPL) events, locations, news and services; enable customer self-service; and provide access to quality web-based content and services.
- All links are selected for inclusion on the web site based on the merits of the external web site and its value to the library’s patrons. Web sites may be chosen for informational or recreational value. Every effort is made to choose the best web sites and to reflect a broad diversity. The selection of links is not comprehensive, although it does offer significant depth of coverage in areas of specialization or particular local interest.
- Selection of all resources shall be the responsibility of the library director who operates within the framework of policies determined by the library board of trustees. Under the director’s guidance, a staff of librarians with professional education and training selects electronic resources in accordance with the principles and practices of collection development.
- The library selects and organizes electronic resources to facilitate patrons in making choices about the resources that are appropriate for them.
- Any resident who objects to the presence or absence of an electronic resource may complete the Patron Request for Reconsideration of Library Materials form (FORM-02) available from a librarian. The library director and board of trustees review these written challenges. The customer is informed of the trustees’ decision regarding the challenged resource. The decision of the library board is final. See Reconsideration of Library Materials (MGT-05) policy.
- Because of the rapidly changing nature of the Internet, the library cannot ensure the current content of any previously selected site.
- Links to the library’s web site from other compatible organizations’ web sites are encouraged as long as HTPL is credited as the content provider.
- HTPL does not offer reciprocal linking, but will consider any external web sites suggested as possible external links.
- Only advertisements promoting HTPL and Friends of HTPL events will be posted on the web site. Vendor logos included as part of software licensing agreements are exempt.
- The library shall secure all appropriate copyright permissions before posting images on its web site. The library director shall serve as the designated agent of the library to resolve any infringement complaints.
- The library’s web site shall be designed for maximum ease of use, browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Information collected via the library’s web site shall be treated as confidential (Confidentiality Policy MGT-01).
Approved: July 11, 2016 Harrison Township Public Library Board of Trustees